Next up for our twenty questions is Jacques…
- Name, Age and Province
Jacques, 29, British
- What do you like most about life in the novitiate?
Brotherhood in the community
- What is your favourite room or place in the Novitiate house?
Casa Miguel (where we relax, play music, and watch movies)
- How do you tend to spend your Villa Day (our free Saturdays)?
I go walking, explore the city, and visit other spiritual communities
- Who in the novitiate makes you laugh the most?
- What is your favourite ‘indoor works’ task?
- What was your favourite subject in school?
- What was your first job?
- How many languages do you speak?
One and two half-spoken
- Where is the most beautiful place you have visited?
Tofino, Vancouver Island, BC
- What is your favourite book and your favourite film?
‘Full Tilt, From Dublin to Delhi with a Bicycle’ by Dervla Murphy. Film? Love Actually
- What is your favourite sport to play or watch?
- Give us a favourite quote:
‘If everyone believes it, you can be sure it’s wrong’ – Anthony deMello SJ
- What is the best live music event you have been to?
Rodrigo Y Gabriella – at a number of venues
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Thai green curry
- If you could witness any historical event what would it be?
The Big Bang
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Highly irrational, do not trust!
- Who is the most intelligent person you know?
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?