- Name, Age and Province
My name is Thomas Klein, I’m 28 years young and I am from The Netherlands (called Holland by anyone but the Dutch, but that’s a story for another time).
- What do you like most about life in the novitiate?
Music and sports. Wednesday we play sport with the novices and I’m learning some new things like cricket, rugby and tennis-football.
- What is your favourite room or place in the Novitiate house?
Casa Miguel (the recreation room of the novices). That room has a piano, guitars, stereo and television. Since one of my big passions is music, that’s definitely the room for me.
- How do you tend to spend your Villa Day (our free Saturdays)?
I like to decide at the last moment what I do, to have complete freedom over my choice, so there isn’t really a standard thing I’m going to do. If I had to name something it’d probably be playing tennis or going to the cinema.
- Who in the novitiate makes you laugh the most?
I would say Jacques because he can say the most ridiculous things with complete nonsense arguments with a straight pokerface. Cracks me up every time.
- What is your favourite ‘indoor works’ task?
The Jesuit inside me says: They are equal.
- What was your favourite subject in school?
Music and when I had to give that up physics.
- What was your first job?
Stacking shelves at the supermarket.
- How many languages do you speak?
Dutch, English and some German.
- Where is the most beautiful place you have visited?
It’s all relative, the most recent beautiful place I’ve seen is Stonyhurst, a Jesuit school in the middle of nowhere, but exactly what you would expect Hogwarts (Castle-school from the Harry Potter series) to look like.
- What is your favourite book and your favourite film?
Lord of the Rings as a book and Little Women as a movie, I watch it at least 2 or 3 times a year.
- What is your favourite sport to play or watch?
Play would be chess (for all you cynical people out there: http://www.olympic.org/chess), and to watch would probably be football.
- Give us a favourite quote:
I never apologize. I’m sorry, that’s just the way I am. –Homer Simpson-
- What is the best live music event you have been to?
Dave Matthews Band
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pizza, since I can’t right now because I’m intolerant to most of the stuff in it.
- If you could witness any historical event what would it be?
The creation of the world.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Keep your distance, speaks too loud.
- Who is the most intelligent person you know?
Myself. Mainly because I just don’t know. Wait…
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Snoediepromhafsnoknarieploftsk, needless to say I will not be changing my first name.